In Food Technology pupils learn to use a range of equipment and develop skills to enable them to enjoy cooking and make food products to a high standard. Pupils learn about healthy eating and are encouraged to try new ingredients. They make a variety of products ranging from healthy snacks and meals to sweet treats, but with an emphasis on savoury food and healthier choices. Pupils also develop confidence and independence whilst taking part in Food Technology lessons.
We have a range of accreditation taking place in Food Technology, including:
- NCFE Level 2 Food and Cookery VCert
- Entry 3 Introduction to the hospitality industry
- Entry 3 and Level 1 Customer service
- ASDAN Towards Independence and Transition Challenge
- Level 1 Food safety in catering (HABC)
Please click on the links below for our most recent recipes to try at home . . .